Friends of St Johns
Friends of St Johns Franklin Inc.is a not for profit group that was formed in 2015.
The current most important aim of the group, is to negotiate with the Anglican Diocese of Tasmania - which owns the property- and work towards keeping St John's Church and cemetery in community ownership. The property was donated to the people of Franklin, by Lady Jane Franklin, and the church was built in 1864 with money raised by pioneer settlers. Many of the headstones in the cemetery date back to the mid 1800s.
Friends of St Johns Inc members organise fund raising activities to raise money which they intend to put towards the community purchase of this important icon of Franklin's community heritage.
They welcome support from community members.
Friends of St JohnsSt Johns Church and cemetery
Friends of St JohnsSt Johns Church looking at the entrance
Friends of St Johnsdriving up to St Johns Church in Franklin
Friends of St JohnsSt Johns Church today in Franklin
Friends of St Johnsthe exterior view of historical St Johns Church Franklin
Friends of St Johnsthe interior view of St Johns Church Franklin
3328 Huon Highway, Franklin,
Tasmania, AUSTRALIA, 7113
Next door to Frank's Cider Bar & Cafe